Color: All Black
- Suunto Core: This classic outdoor sports watch is packed with intelligent features like a Storm Alarm, Altimeter, Barometer and compass to keep you informed of conditions while you hike, bike, or camp
- Essential for Adventure: This watch has dual times, a date display, and alarm, plus predicted times for sunrise and sunset to help maximize your daylight hours and a depth meter accurate up to 30 feet
- Suunto Sports Watches: Versatile and durable, Suunto sports watches are great for running, swimming, cycling, gym workouts, hiking, and other outdoor sports; Whatever your needs, Suunto has a watch for you
- Adventure Starts Here: Combining Scandinavian design with ultra durable materials, our watches track your sports, daily activity, and sleep to help you keep life, training and recovery in balance
- Authentic Heritage: Founded in 1936, Suunto brings over 80 years of high quality heritage craftsmanship, relentless accuracy, and pioneering innovation to our watches, compasses, and dive products
- Wrist top computer watch with altimeter, barometer, compass and weather indicator
- Altimeter displays current elevation, shows ascent or descent and records session
- Intelligent storm alarm senses drops in air pressure and notifies you of approaching storms
- Barometer helps you predict changing conditions; Built in weather trend indicator
- All black finish; Accurately measures depth to 30 feet; Weighs 2.26 ounces.
Package Dimensions: 91x127x209
Release Date: 17-09-2008
Details: Product Description
The award-winning Suunto Core is a sophisticated outdoor instrument that gathers a range of data to help you navigate your way through the wilder parts of the world. The altimeter features a range up to 9000m (29500 ft) and sports an altitude difference measurement that allows you to track your progress in terms of altitude climbed. The log recorder stores all your movements in altitude between the start and stop times, so you can find out how much you climbed, the duration of ascents and descents, average ascent and descent speed and more. Suunto Core displays the current sea level pressure as a detailed graph, showing recording of the last 24 hours with a recording interval of 30 minutes. The storm alarm notifies you of a sudden drop in air pressure, which may be related to worsening weather conditions. Suunto Core senses your movement or lack thereof, switching between altimeter and barometer accordingly. A drop in air pressure while you’re sleeping under the stars will be recorded for what it really is: a change in barometric pressure, not altitude. The digital compass displays the cardinal or half-cardinal point and the North. The declination adjustment function allows you to correct the difference between the true North and magnetic North. The Suunto Core provides current and maximum depth reached during your snorkeling dive. The maximum depth of the device is 10m (328 ft). Watch functions include time, dual time, date, alarm, sports chronograph, countdown timer and predicted times for sunrise and sunset for over 400 locations worldwide. Also features a digital thermometer. Menu-based user interface in English, German, French and Spanish. 2 year warranty.
Building on the success of the venerable Suunto Vector, the Suunto Core keeps you informed of conditions while you hike, bike, or camp, making it a terrific companion for outdoor enthusiasts of all stripes. What can the Suunto Core do for you? For starters, it can sense an approaching squall even when the sky looks clear. This intelligent Storm Alarm–one of several intelligent features designed to keep you safe and secure–is activated by a rapid drop in air pressure over a three-hour period. Once the Core senses the change, the Storm Alarm sounds and flashes, letting you know that something unpleasant is fast approaching. The built-in altimeter, meanwhile, displays your current elevation, shows how much you’ve climbed or descended, and records your entire session for later analysis. Accurate to within 30,000 feet, the altimeter is an extremely valuable tool for mountaineering, backcountry skiing, and wilderness travel. Add in such features as a barometer, a digital thermometer, a weather trend indicator, and a digital compass and you have a terrific wrist-top computer for almost all your outdoor needs.
The altimeter contributes to your excursion in several ways. If you’re standing on or near an obvious geographic feature, such as a ridge, trail, or creek, the altimeter can alert you to your current elevation and help you find your position on a topographic map. Similarly, if you plan on climbing a slope to a certain elevation and then traversing, the Core can help you stay on course. And as a bonus, the Suunto Core includes a unique start-from-zero function, so you don’t have to enter a reference altitude. Instead, with the single push of a button, the altimeter will begin tracking your ascent and descent.
The Core also includes a barometer, which measures and records air pressure to help you predict changing conditions–from sunny skies to hair-bending electrical storms. The barometer helps you decide whether to bring a soft shell or rain shell jacket when the skies look ominous, or even when to high-tail it back to the car. In general, low pressure brings inclement weather, while high pressure brings stability and clear skies. If you’ve arrived at camp and notice the pressure starting to plunge, it’s probably a good idea to se